from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of feed.
- n. The activity of feeding an animal.
- n. An instance of feeding of an animal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the act of eating, or of supplying with food; the process of fattening.
- n. That which is eaten; food.
- n. That which furnishes or affords food, especially for animals; pasture land.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of taking or giving food; the act of eating or of giving to eat.
- n. That which is eaten.
- n. That which furnishes food, especially for animals; pasture-land.
- n. In printing (press-work), the placing of separate sheets of paper in position, so that they can be printed or ruled by a printing- or a ruling-machine. Also called, in England, laying-on.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of consuming food
- n. the act of supplying food and nourishment
Sorry, no etymologies found.