from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Existing or coming before another or others in time, place, rank, or sequence; previous.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Occurring before or in front of something else, in time, place, rank or sequence.
- v. Present participle of precede.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Going before; -- opposed to following.
- adj. In the direction toward which stars appear to move. See Following, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of a person who has held and relinquished a position or office
- adj. existing or coming before
Sorry, no etymologies found.