American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or constituting an introduction.
- adj. Serving to introduce. See Synonyms at preliminary.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Serving to introduce something; prefatory; preliminary: as, introductory remarks.
- Synonyms Preparatory, etc. (see preliminary); precursory, proëmial.
- n. An introduction; a treatise giving the elements or simplest parts of a subject.
- adj. introducing; giving a preview or idea of
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Serving to introduce something else; leading to the main subject or business; preliminary; prefatory.
- adj. serving as an introduction or preface
- adj. serving as a base or starting point
- adj. serving to open or begin
“(Many who answered the MMPI questionnaire were students in introductory psychology courses at four-year institutions.)”
“It was Nell who pioneered texts in introductory programming and data structures usable by both high school and undergraduate students.”
“You are probably right about the AP courses, but I think there is an inevitable conflict in introductory courses in many subjects.”
“The notion of the difference between economic and legal incidence of taxes is discussed in introductory economics classes, often right after the basic notions of supply and demand.”
“There are a lot of things in introductory economics textbooks that are political.”
“John was an astonishing experimentalist, who always seemed to work out scientific ideas from first principles, all those ideas that are taught in introductory chemistry and physics classes.”
“I'm sure his name comes up in introductory biology classes and discussions of the history of science, but that's pretty much it.”
“Secondly, every student in introductory economics learns that fixed costs like research do not determine prices. 21 The market sets prices, implying they are open to free trading like stock prices.”
“In other astronomy news, a posting on astro-ph today is saying something that I like a lot, that we should abandon the teaching of the magnitude system in introductory astronomy classes.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘introductory’.
All words of the Lisbon Treaty
(Persons' names, foreign and grammatical words have been eliminated, MWEs have been split up into individual words. Capitalization has been retained if r...
Adjectives meaning starting or beginning
Looking for tweets for introductory.