from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, relating to, or constituting an introduction.
- adj. Serving to introduce. See Synonyms at preliminary.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. introducing; giving a preview or idea of
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Serving to introduce something else; leading to the main subject or business; preliminary; prefatory
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Serving to introduce something; prefatory; preliminary: as, introductory remarks.
- Synonyms Preparatory, etc. (see preliminary); precursory, proëmial.
- n. An introduction; a treatise giving the elements or simplest parts of a subject.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. serving as an introduction or preface
- adj. serving as a base or starting point
- adj. serving to open or begin
Sorry, no etymologies found.