from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act, practice, occupation, or profession of a teacher.
- n. Something taught.
- n. A precept or doctrine. Often used in the plural: the teachings of Buddha.
- adj. Of, involving, or used for teaching: teaching materials; teaching methods.
- adj. Working as a teacher or in teaching: teaching assistants.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Something taught by a religious or philosophical authority.
- n. The profession of teaching.
- v. Present participle of teach.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or business of instructing; also, that which is taught; instruction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or business of instructing.
- n. That which is taught; instruction.
- n. Synonyms Training, Education, etc. See instruction.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the profession of a teacher
- n. the activities of educating or instructing; activities that impart knowledge or skill
- n. a doctrine that is taught
Sorry, no etymologies found.