from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Conveying knowledge or information; enlightening.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. conveying knowledge, information or instruction.
- n. A case in the Finnish language. It expresses the means or the instrument used to perform an action.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Conveying knowledge; serving to instruct or inform.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Serving to instruct or inform; conveying knowledge.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. serving to instruct or enlighten or inform
instruct + -ive (Wiktionary)