from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Serving to explain, explicate, or elucidate; expositive; of or relating to exposition.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Pertaining to, or containing, exposition; serving to explain; explanatory; illustrative; exegetical.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Serving to explain; tending to expound.
- Setting forth, or set forth, as an instance; specifically, in logic, singular; relating to a single individual. Thus, an expository syllogism is one in which the middle term is a singular.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. serving to expound or set forth
Sorry, no etymologies found.