from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Not yielding or producing: nonproductive land.
- adj. Not engaged in the direct production of goods: nonproductive personnel.
- n. A person who produces no useful work.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not productive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. not directly productive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Lacking the power of producing; not fertile.
- Unproductive financially; not yielding revenue; unprofitable, as a mine or a farm.
- In political economics, not causing or tending to cause an increase in the quantity or quality of things of value; not causing commodities to possess exchangeable value: as, non-productive labor.
- n. A person or industry that does not cause an increase in the quantity, quality, or exchangeable value of commodities.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. not directly productive
non- + productive (Wiktionary)