American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Informal Having a large or well-developed chest or bust.
- adj. Informal Arrogant or proud; conceited.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Inflated with an undue feeling of one's importance, and inclined to show it in an impudently aggressive way; ignorantly and pretentiously self-assertive.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. marked by a large or well-developed chest.
- adj. having or showing feelings of unwarranted importance out of overbearing pride.
- adj. marked by a large or well-developed chest
- adj. having or showing feelings of unwarranted importance out of overbearing pride
- chest + -y (Wiktionary)
“Liz: Speaking of surprises, did you hear Sawyer call Lapidus "chesty"?”
“He has - he sort of has that same kind of chesty quality.”
“Eric obediently hands over his wallet; the drunk friend subsides into a stupor; but Ike Marcus gets "chesty," confronting their assailants with the brave and foolhardy formula "Not tonight, my man.”
“He always thought that, so long as a fellow didn't get "chesty" and kept his head from swelling, he was all right.”
“We jokingly refer to those whose self-respect verges on conceit as "chesty," while we compliment one who is not so extreme by saying, "He is no slouch.”
“But it was dark and I was afoot, and if I was a trifle "chesty," there had suddenly come new colorings to my narrow world.”
“On a few tracks during my testing, the mids were a bit too strong, with treble detail a bit recessed, giving the system a bit of a "chesty" sound, but the overall presentation is full and rich-something you don't usually get with compact,”
“chesty" people on their books; they were, more or less, in the same predicament.”
“chesty" tone, resulting from a labored method of breathing.”
“His primary flaw appears to be a chesty, quick-draw machismo that might be right for an angry base but wrong for an antsy country.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘chesty’.
Phrases that use body parts metaphorically.
neck of the woods, bone of contention, mouth of a river, teeth of the storm, heart of the matter, foot of the bed, eye of the storm, dogleg hole, finger lakes, headwaters, foothills, knik arm and 212 more...
A Russian Doll word is a word that, when you remove the first and last letters, is either the empty string, or a Russian Doll word. These are all of the 6 or more letter Russian Doll words found in...
I haven't seen this show in forever, but I used to watch reruns all the time.
Looking for tweets for chesty.