from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Yielding profit; advantageous or lucrative. See Synonyms at beneficial.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Producing a profit.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Yielding or bringing profit or gain; gainful; lucrative; useful; helpful; advantageous; beneficial
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Useful; advantageous; yielding or bringing profit or gain; gainful; lucrative: as, a profitable trade; profitable business.
- Synonyms Remunerative, productive, beneficial.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. yielding material gain or profit
Sorry, no etymologies found.