from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Acceptable to or at a bank: bankable funds.
- adj. Guaranteed to bring profit: a bankable movie star.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Acceptable to a bank.
- adj. Certain to bring profit and success (especially in the entertainment industry).
- adj. Reliable
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Receivable at a bank.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Receivable as cash by a bank, as bank-notes, checks, and other securities for money.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. guaranteed to bring a profit
- adj. acceptable to or at a bank
Sorry, no etymologies found.