from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Supplying a remedy.
- adj. Intended to correct or improve deficient skills in a specific subject: remedial reading.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. curative; providing a remedy
- adj. intended to correct or improve deficient skills in some subject
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Affording a remedy; intended for a remedy, or for the removal or abatement of an evil.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Affording a remedy; intended for a remedy or for the removal of an evil: as, to adopt remedial measures.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. tending to cure or restore to health
- adj. tending or intended to rectify or improve
From Latin remedialis (Wiktionary)