from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Serving or tending to cure.
- adj. Of or relating to the cure of disease.
- n. Something that cures; a remedy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Possessing the ability to cure, to heal or treat illness.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Relating to, or employed in, the cure of diseases; tending to cure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Relating to the cure of diseases.
- Promoting cure; having the power or a tendency to cure.
- n. That which cures or serves to cure; a remedy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a medicine or therapy that cures disease or relieve pain
- adj. tending to cure or restore to health
Middle English, from Old French curatif, from Medieval Latin cūrātīvus, from Latin cūrātus, past participle of cūrāre, to cure, from cūra, care; see cure.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)