from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Variant of preventive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Alternative form of preventive.
- n. Alternative form of preventive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which prevents; -- incorrectly used instead of preventive.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as preventive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. tending to prevent or hinder
- adj. preventing or contributing to the prevention of disease
- n. any obstruction that impedes or is burdensome
- n. an agent or device intended to prevent conception
- n. remedy that prevents or slows the course of an illness or disease
Sorry, no etymologies found.