from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of thwart.
- n. An instance of blocking or obstructing.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Opposing act or action; whatever frustrates or baffles or tends to defeat one's purposes, wishes, designs, etc.
- Perverse; contrary.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an act of hindering someone's plans or efforts
- adj. preventing realization or attainment of a desire
Sorry, no etymologies found.