from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Present participle of foil.
- n. The act by which something is foiled; prevention of success.
- n. The track of game, such as deer, in the grass.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A foil.
- n. The track of game (as deer) in the grass.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In architecture, a foil.
- n. In hunting, the slight mark of a passing deer on the grass.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an act of hindering someone's plans or efforts
Sorry, no etymologies found.