from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a reduction in the value, or an impairment in the quality of something
- n. moral corruption
- n. an abolition or abrogation
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of vitiating, or the state of being vitiated; depravation; corruption; invalidation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of vitiating
- n. A rendering invalid or illegal: as, the vitiation of a contract or a court.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. nullification by the destruction of the legal force; rendering null
Latin vitiare, to spoil or damage (Wiktionary)