from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Motion in a retrograde manner
- n. Decline, degradation
- n. A reaction that takes place in gelatinized starch when the amylose and amylopectin chains realign themselves, largely responsible for bread becoming stale.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of retrograding, or moving backward.
- n. The state of being retrograde; decline.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of retrograding or moving backward; specifically, in astronomy, the act of moving from east to west relatively to the fixed stars, or contrary to the order of the signs and the usual direction of planetary motion: applied to the apparent motion of the planets. Also retrogression.
- n. The act of going backward or losing ground; hence, a decline in strength or excellence; deterioration.
Sorry, no etymologies found.