from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The fact or practice of participating in sports or a sport.
- n. Conduct and attitude considered as befitting participants in sports, especially fair play, courtesy, striving spirit, and grace in losing.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the behaviour exhibited in playing sports, either good or bad
- n. the good attitude/behaviour displayed by players of a game; fairness, determination, winning or losing gracefully
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The practice of sportsmen; skill in field sports.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The practice or art of sportsmen; skill in field-sports.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fairness in following the rules of the game
sportsman + -ship (Wiktionary)