Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or state of being just, equitable, or right; conformity to truth or justice; lawfulness; rightfulness; honorableness.
- n. Conformity to fact or rule; correctness; exactness; accuracy: as, justness of description or of proportions.
- n. Synonyms Propriety, fitness, fairness. See justice.
- n. the state of being just
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The quality of being just; conformity to truth, propriety, accuracy, exactness, and the like; justice; reasonableness; fairness; equity.
- n. the quality of being just or fair
- n. conformity with some esthetic standard of correctness or propriety
“This supposedly highlights the "justness" and importance of Afghanistan.”
“The 'justness' of a cause is judged by the number of "victims" suffered by one's side?”
“The "justness" of the U.S. legal system can be compromised by anyone with unlimited funds.”
“And blind support of Israel regardless of the legitimacy, reasonableness, and justness of its actions will only prolong the Middle East problem”
“And while the big reveal may not be what you expected, or even what you wanted, there is a certain level of believability and justness to how the story ends.”
“It's a shame that The Adjustment Bureau, with its sparkling performances, promising premise, and thought-provoking questions about free will, human nature, fate, and the justness of God's motives could end in such a pat, corny heap that's sure to draw negative comparisons to superior mind-benders like Inception and The Matrix.”
“What struck him was the justness of her being there, a feeling that somehow she belonged.”
“One can debate the wisdom or justness of the latter, but it must be admitted that the war -- which could have gone on to cost several million lives and endless additional suffering above and beyond that of the two bombs -- ended almost immediately.”
“Losing the moral advantage of the justness of our cause, of being just and strict with our principles in how we treat those we have captured is frighteningly incompetent stupidity.”
“Instead, they knew that our power grows through its prudent use; our security emanates from the justness of our cause, the force of our example, the tempering qualities of humility and restraint.”
Looking for tweets for justness.