from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being just
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of being just; conformity to truth, propriety, accuracy, exactness, and the like; justice; reasonableness; fairness; equity
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The quality or state of being just, equitable, or right; conformity to truth or justice; lawfulness; rightfulness; honorableness.
- n. Conformity to fact or rule; correctness; exactness; accuracy: as, justness of description or of proportions.
- n. Synonyms Propriety, fitness, fairness. See justice.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the quality of being just or fair
- n. conformity with some esthetic standard of correctness or propriety
Sorry, no etymologies found.