Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character of being reasonable; conformity to or compliance with the requirements of reason; agreeableness to rational ideas or principles.
- n. uncountable The state or characteristic of being reasonable.
- n. countable A reasonable action or behaviour.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Quality of being reasonable.
- n. the quality of being plausible or acceptable to a reasonable person
- n. moderation in expectations
- n. the property of being moderate in price or expenditures
- n. the state of having good sense and sound judgment
- n. goodness of reason and judgment
“The term reasonableness, then, represents a mode of action that expresses and realizes reason, the capacity to become aware of reality ”
“He told Stewart: "Your reasonableness is poisoning my fear.”
“When Colbert turned to Steward and said, "Your reasonableness is poisoning my fear," I thought, Now there's something we could do with a whole lot more of: reasoning rather than poisonous vitriol.”
“It's too bad reasonableness is gone from our political calculations.”
“Objective reasonableness is a fairly common legal standard.”
“But why in reasonableness had such a child been incorporated in such a woman's form?”
“After all, like beauty, reasonableness is in the eye of the beholder!”
“Foreseeability, like reasonableness, is in the eye of the beholder and you never really know where the court will fall on this issue.”
“Like AH, BO is disarming critics in the business elite by his apparent "reasonableness" -- even to the point of allowing his government to protect some of their laughably inappropriate "compensation".”
“Even if the Fourth Amendment applied, we believed that courts would judge military action under a standard of "reasonableness" -- as they might review a police officer who fires in self-defense -- rather than demand a warrant to use military force to stop a terror attack....”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘reasonableness’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Looking for tweets for reasonableness.