from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being calm; tranquillity; silence.
- n. The product of being calm.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of quality of being calm; quietness; tranquillity; self-repose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being calm.
- n. Quietness; mildness; unruffled state of the mind, passions, or temper.
- n. Synonyms Indifference, Insensibility, etc. (see apathy), quietude, serenity, repose, composure, placidness, peacefulness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an absence of strong winds or rain
- n. a feeling of calm; an absence of agitation or excitement
- n. steadiness of mind under stress
From calm + -ness (Wiktionary)