from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The quality of being even.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state of being ven, level, or disturbed; smoothness; horizontal position; uniformity; impartiality; calmness; equanimity; appropriate place or level.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state of being even, level, or smooth; equality of surface: as, the evenness of the ground; the evenness of a fluid at rest.
- n. Uniformity; regularity; equality: as, evenness of motion.
- n. Equal distance from either extreme; freedom from inclination to either side; impartiality.
- n. Calmness; equality of temper; freedom from perturbation; equanimity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the parity of even numbers (divisible by two)
- n. a quality of uniformity and lack of variation
- n. the quality of being balanced
Sorry, no etymologies found.