from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The quality or state of being tranquil; serenity.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being tranquil
- n. the absence of disturbance; peacefulness
- n. the absence of stress; serenity
- n. the quality of calm such as that experienced in places with mainly natural features and activities, free from disturbance from manmade ones.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being tranquil; calmness; composure.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being tranquil; quietness; serenity; freedom from disturbance or agitation; calmness.
- n. Synonyms Quiet, Peace, etc. (see rest), serenity, placidness, calm, stillness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a disposition free from stress or emotion
- n. a state of peace and quiet
- n. an untroubled state; free from disturbances
From the French tranquillité, from the Latin tranquillitās, from tranquillus. (Wiktionary)