from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Extreme happiness; ecstasy.
- n. The ecstasy of salvation; spiritual joy.
- bliss out Slang To go into a state of ecstasy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. perfect happiness
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Orig., blithesomeness; gladness; now, the highest degree of happiness; blessedness; exalted felicity; heavenly joy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Blitheness; gladness; lightness of heart.
- n. The highest degree of happiness, especially spiritual joy; perfect felicity; supreme delight; blessedness: often, specifically, the joy of heaven.
- n. Synonyms Felicity, Blessedness, etc. (see happiness), transport, rapture, ecstasy, blissfulness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a state of extreme happiness
Middle English blisse, from Old English bliss, from blīths, from blīthe, joyful; see blithe.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Old English bliss. (Wiktionary)