from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An exhilarating psychological state of pride and optimism; an absence of depression
- n. A feeling of joy and pride
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A lifting up by success; exaltation; inriation with pride of prosperity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Elasticity of feeling due to some special cause or occasion; an exultant condition of the mind, as from physical enjoyment, success, or gratification of any kind; mental inflation; exultation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an exhilarating psychological state of pride and optimism; an absence of depression
- n. a feeling of joy and pride
She knows that if I am not looking up every five minutes in elation to bug her about how great it is, that it's not great.
Well, calm down my fellow Americans, their victory and their elation is short-lived because President Obama has many things to learn as President, as every new President does, but he has shown the ability to learn from a mistake, or learn from an experience in this case.
The sugar buzz remains but the chocolate elation is just flowing away.
I'd also forgotten how after you get that first week of lectures prepared, the feeling of elation is quickly replaced with the sobering realization that the next week isn't even started.
Some fans climbed on top of cars and danced in elation, while others wearing blue and white Colts jerseys posed for pictures with the giant statues on the monument.
None of this will diminish the short-term elation that Romney's advisers feel.
- a great day, but diminished in elation due to the unknown fate of 1300 plus men still Missing in Action, including three of my crew.
That’s more likely to end in elation, if it ever actually ends.
I know, I know that feeling of discomfort or elation is back isn’t it.
But the fact that she had refused him carried with it a certain elation.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.