from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An exhilarating psychological state of pride and optimism; an absence of depression
- n. A feeling of joy and pride
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A lifting up by success; exaltation; inriation with pride of prosperity.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Elasticity of feeling due to some special cause or occasion; an exultant condition of the mind, as from physical enjoyment, success, or gratification of any kind; mental inflation; exultation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an exhilarating psychological state of pride and optimism; an absence of depression
- n. a feeling of joy and pride
From Middle English elacioun, from Old French elacion, from Latin ēlātiōnem, accusative singular of ēlātiō ("exaltation, elevation; pride, elation"), from ēlātus, perfect passive participle of efferō ("bring forth or out; raise; exalt"), from ē ("out of"), short form of ex, + ferō ("carry, bear"). (Wiktionary)