from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a group of things arranged by category; a classification
- n. the process of sorting or arranging things into categories or classes
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or process of placing in a category or list; a classification.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the act of distributing things into classes or categories of the same type
- n. the basic cognitive process of arranging into classes or categories
- n. a group of people or things arranged by class or category
Sorry, no etymologies found.