from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To put into a category or categories; classify.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To assign a category; to divide into classes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To insert in a category or list; to class; to catalogue.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To place in a category or list; classify.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. place into or assign to a category
Sorry, no etymologies found.