from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A systematic list of names, books, pictures etc.
- n. A complete (usually alphabetical) list of items.
- n. A list of all the publications in a library.
- n. A university calendar.
- n. A directory listing.
- v. To put into a catalogue.
- v. To make a catalogue of.
- v. To add items (e.g. books) to an existing catalogue.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A list or enumeration of names, or articles arranged methodically, often in alphabetical order.
- transitive v. To make a list or catalogue; to insert in a catalogue.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make a catalogue of; enter in a catalogue.
- n. A list or register of separate items; an itemized statement or enumeration; specifically, a list or enumeration of the names of men or things, with added particulars, disposed in a certain order, generally alphabetical: as, a catalogue of the students of a college, of the stars, or of a museum or a library. See card-catalogue.
- n. Synonyms List, Catalogue. List means a mere enumeration of individual persons or articles, while catalogue properly supposes some description, with the names in a certain order. Thus we speak of a subscription list, but of the catalogue of a museum or a library.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a complete list of things; usually arranged systematically
- v. make an itemized list or catalog of; classify
- n. a book or pamphlet containing an enumeration of things
- v. make a catalogue, compile a catalogue
Extra magazines may be available from Gun Parts Corporation, West Hurley, NY 12491 - www. e-gunparts.com - their catalogue is a great resource for information, for parts compatibility!
Available as ‘source code’: Ten per cent of the catalogue is also available in its component parts, e.g. scores, lyrics, MIDI files, samples or track-by-track audio files.
Your catalogue is my go to list when I wish to purchase any, besides the Complete Review's impressive review depository.
The White House recently, through it's coalition information center, released what it called a catalogue of Taliban lies.
In the catalogue is a sentence which is very descriptive of what that organization has in mind.
Now, for a rapidly expanding gallery a catalogue is an expensive luxury.
Adam lived -- The most striking feature in this catalogue is the longevity of Adam and his immediate descendants.
His most recent catalogue is titled Language and Learning.
There are countless editions of Mary Shelley's novel, many ephemeral and even undated, so any catalogue is necessarily incomplete.
While Lennon's music catalogue is vast and varied, his best-known song is probably “Imagine,” an iconic piece about peace.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.