from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An account of a person's life written, composed, or produced by another: a film biography of Adlai Stevenson; an oral biography.
- n. Biographies considered as a group, especially when regarded as a genre.
- n. The writing, composition, or production of biographies: a career entirely devoted to biography.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person's life story, especially one published.
- v. To write a biography of.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The written history of a person's life.
- n. Biographical writings in general.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The history of the life of a particular person.
- n. Biographical writing in general, or as a department of literature.
- n. In natural history, the life-history of an animal or a plant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an account of the series of events making up a person's life
Late Greek biographiā : Greek bio-, bio- + Greek -graphiā, -graphy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From modern Latin biographia, formed from Ancient Greek βίος ("life") + γράφω ("write"). (Wiktionary)