from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Literature dealing with the lives of saints.
- n. A collection of sacred writings.
- n. An authoritative list of saints.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. literature dealing with the lives of saints
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The history or description of the sacred writings or of sacred persons; a narrative of the lives of the saints; a catalogue of saints.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That branch of literature which treats of the lives and legends of the saints; the list and legends of the saints, and, by extension, of popular heroes.
- n. A history or description of the sacred writings.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. literature narrating the lives (and legends) of the saints
Sorry, no etymologies found.