from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act of turning about and facing or moving in the opposite direction.
- n. A shift or change in opinion, loyalty, or allegiance.
- n. A dance or party to which girls invite boys.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of turning about so as to face in the opposite direction
- n. A reversal of a decision or opinion etc; a change of mind or flip-flop
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A merry-go-round; a carrousel.
- n. One who turns things about; an agitator; an innovator.
- n. A disease in cattle characterized by giddiness and staggering.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. turning in the opposite direction
- n. a decision to reverse an earlier decision
Sorry, no etymologies found.