from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The transfer of risk from one reinsurer to another.
- n. The return of land, etc. that was previously ceded.
- n. Metastasis of an eruption or tumour from the surface to the interior of the body.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act of retroceding.
- n. The state of being retroceded, or granted back.
- n. Metastasis of an eruption or a tumor from the surface to the interior of the body.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A going back or inward; relapse.
- n. In medicine, the disappearance or metastasis of a tumor, an eruption, etc., from the surface of the body inward.
- n. A sloping backward; a backward inclination or progression; a retreating outline, form, or position.
- n. The act of retroceding or giving back; in Scots law, the reconveyance of any right by an assignee back to the assignor, who thus recovers his former right by becoming the assignee of his own assignee.
- n. In geometry, inflection.
- n. In civil law, a reconveyance of heritable rights to the original grantor.
Compare French rétrocession. See retrocede. (Wiktionary)