from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of neutralising.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as neutralization.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See neutralization, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (euphemism) the removal of a threat by killing or destroying it (especially in a covert operation or military operation)
- n. action intended to nullify the effects of some previous action
- n. action intended to keep a country politically neutral or exclude it from a possible war
- n. a chemical reaction in which an acid and a base interact with the formation of a salt; with strong acids and bases the essential reaction is the combination of hydrogen ions with hydroxyl ions to form water
neutral + -isation (Wiktionary)