from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of neutralising.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as neutralization.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See neutralization, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (euphemism) the removal of a threat by killing or destroying it (especially in a covert operation or military operation)
- n. action intended to nullify the effects of some previous action
- n. action intended to keep a country politically neutral or exclude it from a possible war
- n. a chemical reaction in which an acid and a base interact with the formation of a salt; with strong acids and bases the essential reaction is the combination of hydrogen ions with hydroxyl ions to form water
They urged Ruberwa to press for the "neutralisation" of armed
The "neutralisation" of Parliament could be attributed to three related causes, Woods said.
Willem Loots had discussed Mnisi's "neutralisation" with van der
For the current Israeli leadership, the "neutralisation" of the "Iranian threat" is taken as a precondition for any progress on the Palestinian front.
While the arrest of some Maoist leaders in Bengal and "neutralisation" of others was good news, the Home Minister said, it was regrettable that the killing of civilians hadn't stopped.
"neutralisation" of the Mai Mai militia which it says is being backed by the government to fight Nkunda's men.
This neutralisation or masking of the “could not happen” or “could not have happened” modality is the basis of dewarping, the cancellation of warp (in this case credibility).
Dr. Darkwa expressed the hope that, the collaboration with RDS would equip the students in the areas like communication skills, computer skills, telemarketing, listening skills, accent neutralisation and keyboard skills which are required to succeed in the industry.
The mechanism of such neutralisation was best formulated back in 1938 by Robert Brasillach, the French fascist intellectual, who saw himself as a "moderate" antisemite and invented the formula of reasonable antisemitism.
Next time, try spectral neutralisation blanket, due to sub-zero precipitation, or a lot of people in Brixton are going to be upset.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.