from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who traitorously switches allegiance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A traitor; one who turns against a previous affiliation or allegiance.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who forsakes his party or his principles; a renegade; an apostate; a defector to the enemy.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who “turns his coat”—that is, forsakes his party or principles.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a disloyal person who betrays or deserts his cause or religion or political party or friend etc.
From turn + coat. (Wiktionary)