from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who conforms to the prevailing ways and opinions of one's time or condition for personal advantage; an opportunist.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who conforms to current opinions, especially for reasons of personal advantage; an opportunist.
- n. A device, node or program that distributes the correct time to clients in a network.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who adapts his opinions and manners to the times; one who obsequiously compiles with the ruling power; -- now used only in a bad sense.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who acts conformably to times and seasons: now generally applied to one who meanly and for selfish ends adapts his opinions and manners to the times; one who panders to the ruling power.
- n. Synonyms See definitions of temporizer and trimmer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one who conforms to current ways and opinions for personal advantage
time + server (Wiktionary)