from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Contentious rivalry or disagreement among members of a group or organization: infighting on the President's staff.
- n. Fighting or boxing at close range.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Fighting or quarreling among the members of a single group or side.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. contention among members of the same organization (usually concealed from outsiders), sometimes of a bitter, intense, or prolonged character.
- n. fighting, such as boxing, at close quarters.
- n. rough-and-tumble, free-for-all fighting.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In boxing, fighting at close quarters, where only short-arm blows can be delivered.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. conflict between members of the same organization (usually concealed from outsiders)
- n. boxing at close quarters
Sorry, no etymologies found.