American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. The act or process of intromitting; introduction or admission.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of sending or putting in; insertion, as of one body within another; introduction within.
- n. The act of taking in or admitting; admission within.
- n. In Scots and old English law, an interfering with the effects of another. The assuming of the possession and management of property belonging to another without authority is called
vicious intromission. The term is also applied to the ordinary transactions of an agent or subordinate with the money of his superior: as, to give security for one's intromissions.
- n. the state of being allowed to enter; admittance
- n. the act of allowing to enter; admission
- n. putting one thing into another; insertion
- n. copulation
- n. law, Scotland An intermeddling with the affairs of another, either on legal grounds or without authority.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The act of sending in or of putting in; insertion.
- n. (Zoöl.) The insertion of the male copulatory organ into the female in the process of coitus.
- n. The act of letting go in; admission.
- n. (Scots Law) An intermeddling with the affairs of another, either on legal grounds or without authority.
- n. the act of putting one thing into another
- From Latin intro-', "into", + mission, "sending", from Latin missio, from perfect passive participle missus, "sent", from verb mittere, "send", + noun of action -io. (Wiktionary)
- Medieval Latin intrōmissiō, intrōmissiōn-, usurpation, from Latin intrōmissus, past participle of intrōmittere, to intromit; see intromit. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
“The other theory taught was known as the intromission theory.”
“Penetration by the hardened erect penis is also known as intromission, or by the Latin name immissio penis (Latin for "insertion of the penis").”
“The whole vampire biting thing is a play off the act of penetration/intromission … thats the appeal of a vampire biting you and sucking on your blood, but while I wish Ian the best with his allegedly lovely G/F, if ever they should part ways, he is welcome to bite me anytime, or to do with me the thing that biting is a metaphor for * wink*”
“He concludes: "[r] ecognition that the foreskin makes intromission easier raises the possibility that it is an organ specifically designed for rape".”
“The author has invented a style of speech for the Martians that the Earth humans have to try and get the hang of, full of stuff like 'Explicative-Interrogative?' and 'Parareproductive intromission activity', etc.”
“The AWAC was translating its own fix on the intromission markers into the reference frame of his display.”
“Pygisma = buttockry, because most actives end within the nates, being too much excited for further intromission.”
“According to him the nerves of the rectum and the genitalia, in all cases closely connected, are abnormally so in the pathic, who obtains, by intromission, the venereal orgasm which is usually sought through the sexual organs.”
“The rate of intromission to mounting I/M was determined.”
“His success was perhaps accidental, I am willing to accept, but his 5 years in office, marred by the guerilla and Cuban intromission, were the years where democracy started to set in Venezuela until that most bright moment in December 1968 when for the first time the opposition was recognized as having won the election.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘intromission’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
into or inwards
Vocabulary from Peter Novobatzky's and Ammon Shea's highly entertaining book of words I wish I could use in conversation.
Offensive and obscene words from the depths of America's depraved and forgotten lexicon.
Looking for tweets for intromission.