from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. compression; the packing together of loose matter
- n. something packed together tightly; a mass of densely-packed matter
- n. a solid, immobile bulk of stool
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The driving of one fragment of bone into another so that the fragments are not movable upon each other.
- n. An immovable packing; (Med.), a lodgment of something in a strait or passage of the body
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of impacting, or the state of being impacted; close fixation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the condition of being pressed closely together and firmly fixed
- n. a disorder in which feces are impacted in the lower colon
- n. a disorder in which a tooth is so crowded in its socket that it cannot erupt normally
- n. a sharp collision produced by striking or dashing against something
From Latin impingere (to dash against, impinge). (Wiktionary)