from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Agent noun of soften; one who softens.
- n. A substance added to make something softer.
- n. Fabric softener.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, softens.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which softens.
- n. Specifically, In ceramics, a broad brush used to spread vitrifiable color thinly and uniformly on the biscuit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a substance added to another to make it less hard
soften + -er (Wiktionary)