American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. One that conditions, especially an additive or application that improves the quality or usability of a substance: a soil conditioner; a hair conditioner.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In milling, a machine for drying damp or musty grain and bringing it into proper condition for use. It consists of a tall tower, the upper part of which is formed of a series of circular blinds and the lower part (one third) of woven-wire netting. Inside the tower, and extending throughout its length, is a pipe or cylinder of perforated sheet-metal. The damp grain is fed into the top of the tower, and falls to the bottom in a cylindrical sheet between the outside blinds and netting and the central perforated metal pipe. In falling, the grain is first exposed to a heavy blast of hot air which passes through the perforations in the central pipe, escaping through the grain and the blinds to the open air. Falling still lower, it meets a blast of cold air, which, passing through the falling grain, escapes through the wire netting. The heating, drying, and cooling leave the grain clean, dry, and in good condition.
- n. anything that improves the condition of something
- n. hair conditioner
- n. someone who trains athletes
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. exercise that conditions the body.
- n. a trainer of athletes.
- n. a substance used in washing (clothing or hair) to make things softer.
- n. a trainer of athletes
- n. exercise that conditions the body
- n. a substance used in washing (clothing or hair) to make things softer
“sharshar lol .. where got normal ppl ask such question wan .. if he askin about applying conditioner i understand la .. cos conditioner not supposed to touch scalp .. but shampoo!??? shampoo + conditioner~~ wipe dry dry abit~ put cream. blow dry~ style”
“My choice of shampoo and conditioner is Umi no Uruoi Sou, a blend of lots of different kinds of seaweed, apparently.”
“I've got super curly hair myself: take a small bit of your favorite leave in conditioner/hair serum, your favorite mousse and mix it with equal or more parts water in a fine mist spray bottle.”
“Stress seems to be showing up on my face so I would love to try the mask, cleanser and skin conditioner, certainly would be a wonderful pick me up.”
“An attempt was made to break into a residence by removing an air conditioner from a window.”
“There's no reason why anyone has to run the washer and dryer at noon on a hot day while the air conditioner is running too -- but if the price is the same, then why not?”
“In Mexico, an air conditioner is called a politician because it makes a lot of noise but doesn't work very well.”
“While an air conditioner is typically 100 Watts, OTTO is only 45 Watts, helping you save money on energy without cluttering space with the eyesore of the typical box fan.”
“Coming back to the conditioner from the beginning of the story is also a fantastic way to tie it all together.”
“Cleaning the air conditioner is probably the most bother as we have a high ceiling and some of the air conditioner covers are a bit broken!”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘conditioner’.
Looking for tweets for conditioner.