from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who presents a petition to a court.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who presents a petition.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who presents a petition, either verbal or written.
- n. [lowercase, or cap.] In Eng, hist., same as addresser.
- n. A plaintiff in an action commenced by petition.
- n. A petitioning creditor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one praying humbly for something
- n. someone who petitions a court for redress of a grievance or recovery of a right
Sorry, no etymologies found.