from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who promotes or leads religious revivals.
- n. One who revives practices or ideas of an earlier time.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. someone who seeks to revive something
- n. an evangelistic preacher
- adj. evangelistic
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A clergyman or layman who promotes revivals of religion; an advocate for religious revivals; sometimes, specifically, a clergyman, without a particular charge, who goes about to promote revivals. Also used adjectively.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is instrumental in producing or promoting in a community a revival of religious interest and activity: specifically applied to an itinerant preacher who makes this his special work.
- n. In general, one who revives anything, as an old custom, trade, or word.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a preacher of the Christian gospel
Sorry, no etymologies found.