from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who preaches, especially one who publicly proclaims the gospel for an occupation.
- n. Alaska A fallen tree or log submerged in a river and creating a hazard for boats.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who preaches a worldview, philosophy, or religion, especially someone who preaches the gospel; a clergyman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who preaches; one who discourses publicly on religious subjects.
- n. One who inculcates anything with earnestness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who preaches; one who discourses publicly, especially on religious subjects; specifically, a clergyman.
- n. One who inculcates or asseverates anything with earnestness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone whose occupation is preaching the gospel
Sorry, no etymologies found.