from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who preaches, especially one who publicly proclaims the gospel for an occupation.
- n. Alaska A fallen tree or log submerged in a river and creating a hazard for boats.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who preaches a worldview, philosophy, or religion, especially someone who preaches the gospel; a clergyman.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who preaches; one who discourses publicly on religious subjects.
- n. One who inculcates anything with earnestness.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who preaches; one who discourses publicly, especially on religious subjects; specifically, a clergyman.
- n. One who inculcates or asseverates anything with earnestness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone whose occupation is preaching the gospel
Sorry, no etymologies found.
He was raised by a white family, but never noticed that his preacher is a racist who preaches white hate and jewish hate.
He doesn't have the judgment necessary to figure out his preacher is a hate pedder, primarily to adorn his own ego and for financial gain.
Julian Avenel had intrigued without scruple with both parties -- yet bad as he was, he certainly would not have practised aught against the guest whom Lord James had recommended to his hospitality, had it not been for what he termed the preacher's officious inter-meddling in his family affairs.
• Life with the Antichrist: The wife of a controversial Miami-based preacher is divorcing him but staying married to his teachings.
(Luther, Henry VIII, to the Episcopalians who now associate with the Rwanda Church to avoid the gay-marriage/gay-bishop stuff, to the random Church in Altus, Oklahoma who might not care for the way the new preacher is doing things).
The spirit that has inhabited the preacher is known as Genesis, a burning ball of fire with infant features who was conceived between one of the angels of the Seraphi and a demon from hell.
The problem t = with going after this preacher is that Hillary is telling the Super delegates exactly what this man is saying ...
Well the preacher is talking now, get use to this, because this is what you will be getting.
Excuse me ... did you notice that the preacher is white?
A ranting hate preacher is touring the Midlands in an attempt to radicalise young Muslims and promote extremism.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.