from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A man who is a cleric.
- n. A man who is a member of a church.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person (originally a man) of authority in a religious organization; a cleric.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An ecclesiastic or clergyman.
- n. An Episcopalian, or a member of the Established Church of England.
- n. One was is attached to, or attends, church.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An ecclesiastic; a clergyman; one who ministers in sacred things.
- n. An adherent of the church; specifically, in England, a member of the Church of England, as distinguished from a dissenter; in the United States, a member of the Protestant Episcopal Church, as distinguished from a member of any other church.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a clergyman or other person in religious orders
Sorry, no etymologies found.