from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who devotes much time to thought or meditation.
- n. One who thinks or reasons in a certain way: a careful thinker.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who spends time thinking, contemplating or meditating
- n. An intellectual, such as a philosopher or theologian
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who thinks; especially and chiefly, one who thinks in a particular manner
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who thinks; especially, one who has cultivated or exercised to an unusual extent the powers of thought.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an important intellectual
- n. someone who exercises the mind (usually in an effort to reach a decision)
think + -er (Wiktionary)