from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A highly intelligent person, especially one who plans and directs a complex or difficult project: the mastermind of a robbery.
- transitive v. To direct, plan, or supervise (a project or activity).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person with an extraordinary intellect or skill that is markedly superior to his or her peers.
- n. A person responsible for the highest level of planning and execution of a major operation.
- v. To act in the role of mastermind.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who creates new things
- v. plan and direct (a complex undertaking)
- n. someone who has exceptional intellectual ability and originality
Sorry, no etymologies found.