from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One versed in the classics; a classical scholar.
- n. An adherent of classicism.
- n. An advocate of the study of ancient Greek and Latin.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a classical scholar, especially one who studies ancient Greek and Latin language and culture
- n. a follower of classicism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One learned in the classics; an advocate for the classics.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One versed in the classics.
- n. One who is in favor of making a study of the classics the foundation of education.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an artistic person who adheres to classicism
- n. a student of ancient Greek and Latin
Sorry, no etymologies found.