Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An antiquary; an archæologist.
- n. One who makes use of archaisms in art or in literary expression.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. Am antiquary.
- n. One who uses archaisms.
- n. a person who archaizes
- n. an expert or collector of antiquities
“Archaism is, no doubt, very seductive to the archaist.”
“The judicious archaist, as we have said, will abstain from palpable modernisms, especially from modern slang.”
“Tannahill's poems, and those later than him, except where pedantically archaist, like many of Motherwell's, are an improvement on Burns: namely, in the more easy and complete interfusion of the two dialects, the Norse Scotch and the Romanesque English, which”
‘archaist’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for archaist.