from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A variety of grape grown in cool areas, especially in Germany and the Pacific Northwest.
- n. A dry to sweet, floral white wine made from this grape.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A variety of grape grown especially in Germany and other relatively cool areas.
- n. A white wine made from this grape (often slightly sweet).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Wine made from the Riesling grape, and best known in the variety made in Alsace and elsewhere on the upper Rhine.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. fragrant dry or sweet white wine from the Rhine valley or a similar wine from California
- n. white grape grown in Europe and California
German, alteration of obsolete Rüssling.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)