from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Confidence in oneself or one's own abilities: "Without self-confidence we are as babes in the cradle” ( Virginia Woolf). See Synonyms at confidence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The state of being self-confident
- n. A measure of one's belief in one's own abilities
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality or state of being self-confident; self-reliance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Confidence in one's own judgment or ability; reliance on one's own observation, opinions, or powers, without other aid.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. freedom from doubt; belief in yourself and your abilities
self- + confidence (Wiktionary)